We realize that adjusting to life's transitions may be a challenge. The AIM Program is pleased to offer a service to assist you, your patients, and their loved ones, as your patient transitions from curative modalities to palliative care. The AIM Program Team is available to meet with, evaluate and educate patients who you believe are appropriate for our services. Our staff can meet your patients and their families in the comfort of their home, in the hospital, skilled nursing facilities or your own office suite. There is no fee for this service.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE AIM PROGRAM?
The purpose of the AIM Program is to work with patients and families who are currently under the care of home health but are dealing with the end stages of a serious illness. The AIM Program will work to do the following:
- Patient and family will be provided with support to get through the difficult times encountered while receiving palliative care for their illness. This may include, but is not limited to, support groups for caregivers and non pharmacological interventions for symptom management.
- Educate members of any interested home health team regarding hospice and end of life care. Help the members of the home health team understand what patients may benefit from the AIM Program.
WHY SHOULD A HOME HEALTH AGENCY WORK WITH THE AIM PROGRAM?
The AIM Program is a non-profit assistance program offered to all interested home health agencies. Now that our agencies have agreed to work together, the following benefits will be offered.
- Education for home health staff on end of life care.
- Palliative care consultation for assistance with pain and symptom management.
- Pre-hospice evaluations.
- Assistance with patients and families to discuss difficult diagnosis and prognosis of disease, along with continued support being offered to the family and patient through this “transitional” phase.
- Ease of transition to hospice services when appropriate.
Session available at East Jefferson General Hospital and West Jefferson Medical Center. Register your spots at your preferred location.
at Mount Hope Plantation
Call 504-881-0452 for more information or to purchase tickets.
Camp Swan New Orleans
November 17, 18, 19
To Register Call
Sue May at 504-818-2723